- Manage stress levels - talking things through, relaxation and physical activity can help.
For further information, visit the NHS stress guide.
- Don't smoke and don't breathe others' tobacco smoke.
There are local services to help you quit smoking.
For further information, visit the NHS Smokefree website.
- Eat at least 5 portions of fruit and vegetables each day and cut down on fat, salt and added sugar.
For further information, visit the NHS 5 a day website.
- Be physically active for at least 30 minutes, 5 days a week.
For further information, visit the NHS exercise guide.
- Maintain, or aim for, a healthy weight (BMI: 20 -25).
For further information, visit the NHS weight loss guide.
- If you drink alcohol, have no more than 2-3 units a day (for women) or 3-4 units a day (for men).
For further information, visit the NHS alcohol guide.
- Protect yourself from the sun. Cover up, keep in the shade, never burn and use sunscreen with factor 15 or higher. Take extra care to protect children. For further information, visit the NHS Sunsafe guide.
- Practise safer sex - use a condom. For further information, visit the NHS condom guide.
- Make the decision to go for cervical screening (smears) and breast cancer screening when invited.
- On the roads, THINK safety. For further information, visit the THINK road safety website.
And if you have children, remember you can prevent many very serious childhood diseases by making sure your child gets all the recommended immunisations. For further information, visit the NHS vaccinations guide. Apart from one injection that is given at school, all childhood immunisations are available at the practice. And it's never too late.
INDEX - Self-Help-Centre
- BMI Calculator
- Blood Pressure Calculator
- Explore Body Map
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Digital Applications
- Live Well
- NHS Choices - Health Links
- Mid Sussex Wellbeing
- Physiotherapy Self-Referrals
- Pregnancy Self-Referral Form
- Self-Help Guides
- Stay Healthy
- Stay Safe This Winter
- Your Health Details
- Park Run
- Excercise on Referral
- Get Excercise Confident
- Experts Programme
- Legs Matter
- Chiropody and Podiatry Services
- Drink Coach
Update Clinical Record
Update your clinical record by sending us your latest information, such as height, weight, blood pressure, smoking status, alcohol consumption...