ABOUT ONLINE ACCESS
Available Online Services
The following Services are available to all registered patients.
Order Repeat Prescriptions
View Medical Records
Book / Manage Appointments
View your Immunisations
If you wish to, you can use the internet to book appointments with a GP, request repeat prescriptions for any medications you take regularly and look at your medical record online. You can also still use the telephone or call in to the surgery for any of these services as well.
Being able to see your record online will help you to manage your medical conditions better, and take control of your health. It also means that you can access it from anywhere in the world should you require medical treatment on holiday.
The service is open 24/7/365 and can be accessed from your Computer, Tablet or Mobile phone.
Benefits of Using Online Access to Patients
- Stay informed about your healthcare through 24/7 access to your medical record
- Easily manage your appointments from your account.
- Book up to 3 appointments online.
- Cancel and check the times of your appointments from anywhere in the world!
- 24/7 access to your test results and immunisations, should you need to share these with another health professional
- Travel to the surgery less by booking your appointments and arranging your care through your account
- Order your prescriptions from anywhere in the world, and check when they have been signed off, ready to be collected at the pharmacy.
- You can also change your nominated pharmacy, to collect from any pharmacy you would like.
Your Detailed Record
By default, every patient who has linked their online account to the surgery will have access to their medications and appointments. Most patients now have access to their Detailed Record. Your detailed record grants you access to even more parts of your GP record, such as your immunisation record, laboratory test results and problems list.
Most patients have also been granted prospective access to their documents and consultations, meaning you can access records from your appointments and letters added to your notes on or after 11th October 2023.
There are a few things to consider before requesting access to your Online Record:
- Forgotten History
- There may be some information on your record that you had forgotten about that may be upsetting for you
- Abnormal Results or Bad News
- Access to test results may mean you see something that you could find upsetting before you have spoken to your doctor, or when the surgery is closed
- We will always be happy to arrange an appointment with you to discuss any results you are concerned about
- Your medical record is designed to be used by clinicians to give you the best care. Some of the terminology may be technical and difficult to understand. If you are confused and require further information, please contact the surgery.
- Information about someone else
- If you see something on your record that is not about you, please log out immediately and contact the surgery as soon as possible to remove this information.
- Sharing your information
- It is your decision whether or not you share your information with others; Family members or trusted carers. It is your choice, but it is also your responsibility to keep this information secure.
- If you are feeling pressured into revealing details from your record against your will, it is best not to register for online access at this time. Your private medical information should stay secure at all times.
Understanding Your Health Record
Your GP Health record is written to help your clinical team give you the best care, so you may not understand some of the technical terms used. Below are some resources to help you to understand your online record better.
Please Note: Moatfield Surgery may be unable to offer online access, or may restrict the access you are offered due to concerns that it could cause harm to physical or mental health, or where there are concerns the information may be passed to unauthorised third parties. Any restrictions to access are in line with the advice and guidance provided by NHS England.
Moatfield Surgery has the right to remove access to online services for anyone who does not use them responsibly.
Every effort is made to ensure your medical record is up-to-date and accurate. If you do come across information that is not correct, please let the Surgery know.
Please note we are unable to amend free text consultations on your records from another practice, however, we may be able to add a contemporary correction to your record, including correction to a diagnosis if required.