What is COPD?
We can now offer you free access to myCOPD App, with online education and pulmonary rehab. Please click here to find out more information and contact the Surgery for secure set up.
How to look after yourself
- keeping active and taking part in pulmonary rehabilitation classes
- learning how to control your breathing
- eating well and keeping a healthy weight
- taking care of your emotional wellbeing
- use your inhalers as agreed with your nurse or GP, make sure you have the right inhalers, that you can use them effectively and that you don’t run out
- if you smoke – get help to stop smoking https://midsussex.westsussexwellbeing.org.uk/topics/smoking/services-for-west-sussex
- have your care plan avaliable for when your condition flares up.
• Reduce your COPD symptoms and risk of are-ups
• Provide education on how to manage your COPD
Organising your care and care plan
Step 1 - Each year we will send you a simple questionnaire to complete by text or email. Alternatively you can submit your answers via the MyCOPD app
Step 2 - When you’ve responded to the questionnaire, take a careful look at your existing COPD care plan – Moatfield Surgery self managment plan and consider any areas of concern.
We will organise a group video-consultation appointment date at this time.
Step 3 - We will review your results and and the frequency of any exacerbations
Step 4 - Your group video-consultation. You will be able to discuss your plan and any questions you may have. We can then agree and arrange any follow-up needed. Links to follow shortly.
Step 5 - Please keep your care plan up to date to stay well and in control of your own health and wellbeing. You may have reviews and changes to your plan through the year.
If you need to use your rescue pack we will offer a telephone review to avoid further problems
British Lung Foundation
Time To Talk Health
- The Better Breathing Company
- Singing for Lung Health - East Grinstead
- Midsussex Wellbeing
- Age UK West Sussex
- Age UK East Grinstead
- Bluebird Community Transport
- Hospital Transport Service
- Care - East Grinstead
- Blue Badge
Medication Advice and Inhaler Technique
- Breathing Techniques
- How to Cope with Being Short of Breath
- Breathing Exercises
- The Buteyko Breathing Technique
- Engery Conservation
- Food First
- 100 Calorie Snack Boosters
- British Dietitians - Food Facts
- Your exercise handbook
- Quit for COVID - Quit smoking