Your Mobile Phone Number & Email Address
We would like to keep you informed and need your mobile number and email address and are currently collecting these from our patients.
This information would be helpful for several reasons - for example, we can remind you of a surgery appointment you might have made, we can also send out reminders for periodic medical reviews that might be due.
We would be grateful if you could provide the surgery with this information the next time you visit us. You can click on this link to download the pdf form. Complete the form and sign it and drop it in the next time you come in to the surgery.
Text Message Reminders
SMS Text Messages to your mobile phone
This practice will on occasion wish to use the above service to notify you of:
- Reminders of appointments.
- Changes to your booked appointment.
- National issues such as Flu pandemics.
- Practice being closed due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Cancelled or altered clinics including GP, Nurse & Healthcare assistant.
- Reminders of any reviews or vaccinations due.
- Information relevant to you or your health condition(s) or care directly provided by Moatfield Surgery
- Reminders for you to check your investigation results and actions via Patient Access
By completing this form, you
- Understand that the mobile phone number will only be used by the GP practice and will NOT be passed to any other parties.
- Accept that if at any time you would like to opt out of the above service, please make a personal request to the GP practice and you will be opted out of the service within 48 hours. You may also like to include your reason for opting out, to help us review and improve the service in the future.
- Understand that your mobile phone will solely be used by the GP practice in relation to the healthcare services offered by the GP practice (listed above). You will not be contacted in relation to any other types of products or services.
- Whilst the GP practice will regularly check your telephone numbers with you, please be aware the onus of keeping your details current with the practice rests with you.
New Data Protection Regulations from May 2018 (GDPR)
Under the new data protection regulations introduced from 25th May 2018, we will continue to contact patients via text messages regarding the delivery of care if they have provided consent to do so.
Our use of text messages is for the purpose of providing appropriate, timely care for patients, not marketing purposes.